Monday, November 28, 2011

Book Review: BEFORE I FALL by Lauren Oliver

Before I FallBefore I Fall by Lauren Oliver


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


GROUNDHOG DAY meets MEAN GIRLS.


Need I say more? Well, of course, I need to say more.


The author's writing was wonderful. The way she weaved details into the ever-repeating day was wonderful. But, the main character was not wonderful.

And really, the only reason I gave this book 3 stars instead of 5 is because I had to FORCE myself to keep reading past page 100. Everyone had claimed this book was great - - but I really dread reading about an unlikeable main character. Yes, of course, she grows throughout the story and changes, but does that make up for the first 100 pages??

And, the only reason I gave this book 3 stars instead of 1 star, is because I couldn't stop thinking about the book, the characters and the plotline, for quite awhile after I finished reading it. It really stuck with me.

This is considered a YA book. So, a note regarding that: the day that keeps repeating involves drinking, driving, sex, and a party. Over and over and over again. Take that into consideration before letting your 12 yr-old read this book.

View all my reviews

WHAT ARE YOU READING RIGHT NOW?

No comments:

Post a Comment